ABOUT THE ATTORNEY GENERAL'S CHAMBERS
The Attorney General’s Chambers plays a pivotal role in enhancing the rule of law and strengthening the efficiency and integrity of St. Vincent and the Grenadines’ legal system. As the Government’s chief legal adviser in all aspects of public administration law, international law, legislation and law reform, the Attorney General’s Chambers is responsible for providing legal services to the Government and its various agencies.
WHAT WE DO
The Attorney General’s Chambers provides the following services:
- Advising Cabinet, ministries and state agencies on all domestic and international legal matters.
- Representing the state in civil matters.
- Drafting primary and secondary legislation on behalf of the state.
- Reviewing the laws of Saint Vincent and the Grenadines with a view to their systematic development and reform.
- Contract preparation and vetting
- Letters of Administration and Public trustee
WHO USE OUR SERVICES
- All ministries, statutory bodies and state enterprises
- Parliament, Cabinet, all ministers, civil society