There are two methods used in St. Vincent and the Grenadines to grant marriage certificates.

The first method is the Governor General License done at the Ministry of Legal Affairs.  This process excludes public notice, and parties involved must be in the country at least one (1) day before applying for the certificate. A fee of EC$500.00 is charged for the Governor General License as it is seen as a private method of acquiring such a license and the process usually only takes a day to complete.

The other method involves both the High Court and the Registry Department, and it requires seven (7) days notice to the public stating the intention of the parties to be married. The fee charged for this service is usually EC$150.

Contact Information

Attorney General
Hon. Jaundy Martin

Tel: (784) 457-2807 
PBX:(784) 456-1111 Ext 429
Fax: (784) 457-2898


Ministry of Legal Affairs

Grandby Street Kingstown

St. Vincent

Legal Affairs is located in the Methodist Building opposite the Seventh Day Adventist Church on Grandby Street.

Opening hours 

Monday - Friday

8:00 a.m.  -  4:15 p.m.