This is a means of changing an individual’s name.  

The application can be made by anyone, but can only be signed or approved by the individual whose name is going to be changed. 

Documents necessary for the completion of the deed poll are the original and a copy of the birth certificate and/or any documents with the name that the individual wishes to assume.  If the individual involved is overseas at the of the application, the document will be sent to them, and must be signed in the presence of a Notary Public.  If the individual is in the state, the corrected document must be signed in the presence of the Registrar or a representative from the Registry Department.

Contact Information

Attorney General
Hon. Jaundy Martin

Tel: (784) 457-2807 
PBX:(784) 456-1111 Ext 429
Fax: (784) 457-2898


Ministry of Legal Affairs

Grandby Street Kingstown

St. Vincent

Legal Affairs is located in the Methodist Building opposite the Seventh Day Adventist Church on Grandby Street.

Opening hours 

Monday - Friday

8:00 a.m.  -  4:15 p.m.